The Entertainment Law Firm
Katz & Associates Law Firm, “The Entertainment Law Firm”, is well qualified to meet the needs of any players in the entertainment industry. Michael Katz and his staff are experienced to handle any entertainment matters including the following:
Much of the work of an entertainment law practice is transaction based, i.e. drafting contracts, negotiation and mediation. Some situations may lead to litigation or arbitration. Entertainment law is generally sub-divided into the following areas related to the types of activities that have their own specific trade unions, production techniques, rules, customs, case law, and negotiation strategies:
- FILM: covering option agreements, finance, chain of title issues, talent agreements (scriptwriters, film directors, actors, composers, set designers), production and post production and trade union issues, distribution issues, motion picture industry negotiations distribution, and general intellectual property issues relating to copyright and, to a lesser extent, trademarks;
- MUSIC: including talent agreements (musicians, composers) producer agreements, and synchronization rights, production agreements, music industry negotiation and general intellectual property recording contracts, the infamous multiple rights agreement (known to all as the 360 deal), issues relating to copyright;
- TELEVISION and RADIO: including broadcast licensing, regulatory issues, and mechanical licenses;
- THEATER: including rental agreements and co-production agreements, and other performance oriented legal issues;
- MULTIMEDIA: including software licensing issues, video game development and production;
- PUBLISHING and print media issues, including advertising, models, author agreements and other copyright related issues;
- VISUAL ARTS AND DESIGN: including fine arts, issues of consignment of artworks to art dealers, moral rights of sculptors regarding works in public places; and industrial design, issues related to the protection of graphic design elements in products.
Entertainment law or media law is a general term for a mix of more traditional categories of law with a focus on providing legal services to the entertainment industry. The principal areas of Entertainment Law overlap substantially with the well-known and conventional field of Intellectual Property Law. But generally speaking, the practice of entertainment law often involves questions of employment law, labor law, immigration, securities law, security interests, agency, intellectual property (especially trademarks, copyrights, and the so-called “Right of Publicity”), and insurance law.
Contact Us Now
If you are looking for an entertainment lawyer, look no further. Please contact us now for further information.